Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Poems For Funerals - Do We Need Them?

My father's decease left me raw, not able to work and heartache stricken in the fullest sense of the words - I was 18 old age old and bereft. Iodine still have got the memory of how despairing I was. One of the worst things about it was that I did not cognize what to state at his funeral. I needed to state something but I couldn't set the words together. It still make me so much hurting that I couldn't talk to state what he meant to me, and what he still intends to me. When I was asked for my sentiment on verse forms for funerals my initial reaction was to state 'No, I don't like that idea. How morbid can you get?' But then Iodine was taken back all those old age to that awful clip and I realized how selfish I was being.

If I had been able to acquire clasp of something that was already written and that would maybe show some of my feelings, how much better would I have got felt? How much better would I have got coped? How much better would I experience now - over thirty old age later? Sadly, Iodine will never know.

There are those folks who turn their olfactory organs up at something pre-written, I inquire if they have got ever been in that dark and despairing topographic point where you necessitate to state words and no words will come. When you happen something that lets you to state what you necessitate more than easily, it is like a beam of sunshine in a dark and alone place. Poetry is music in words and music is balm to the soul. Are we all poets - maybe, who knows? For some people they might well happen that this clip of immense emotion lets them to unlock something within themselves and they can show themselves with a Poem. Out of their heartache will come up something that may assist many of us cover with our ain sense of loss and helplessness.

For most of us, we necessitate something that we can utilize or adapt. When you lose person you care about, clip wings and clip drags - you necessitate something now, tomorrow is too late. When you read the words that express your feelings, the sense of alleviation is boundless. Funeral Blues by Tungsten Hydrogen W. H. Auden "Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone...." shows that sense of a love lost in words that cannot be bettered. Michael Shepherd's "I'm Thinking That Soon, Maybe, We'll Meet" hits a peculiar chord with me and I would love to have got got known about that all those old age ago.

To have suitable verse forms for funerals at your fingertips can only be a good thing, it's not morbid, it's not crass - it is aid when you necessitate it most.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home