Thursday, August 9, 2007

Who Says the Women In LA Are Shallow?

For too many old age I've longed to happen my folk in Los Angeles. I would ran into other successful and interesting women, but for the most portion I didn't experience a true link with them.

It was a painful procedure of trial and mistake looking for "my" community in this new metropolis I had just moved to. In the past, my large chases had been adult male and calling related.

This clip I was pursuing a feminine community. I was so suffering and down and isolated. It was difficult for me to understand why I was in so much hurting because I "had a good life". I was blessed with an astonishing man, an exciting and successful career, but the absence of existent women friends was one of the most agonizing striving I've endured.

I was comforted when I read someone's observation of women in America, this adult male noted, "The awful quality of life for the women. You're so busy that there's no clip for yourselves, not adequate clip to be with other women. You're so isolated from each other and that's heartbreaking. Women can't last like that, it's contrary to your nature. And I don't believe your society can last the decimation of its women." A Woman's Journey to God, by Joan Borysenko.

AHHH! There it was...the words for what I had been feeling for so long. I honestly felt heartbroken and it seemed at the clip like I was on the threshold of survival. With utmost gratitude to Supreme Being and the beautiful Negro spiritual instructors that guided me out of isolation, I am proud and alleviated to state that my life is much different today.

A perfect illustration of this keen displacement is that in my chase of attracting gorgeous, savvy, conscious, hip, fun, inspiring and enterpreneurial spirited women into my societal and professional circles, I have got had the great luck of being introduced to Marcy Cole, coordinator of first Tuesday WOMEN'S grouping where the primary intent is to make a sense of community among a group of diverse, like-minded witting women.

Marcy is also the laminitis and chair of "First Tuesday Circle of Giving" and expression at what they did! They chose the Robbs household in Los Angeles to sponsor...

Here's what Marcy shared with me recently...It is well deserving the read when you have got the clip to sit down back and experience the pridefulness and delectation over the miracle that was created for this family.

"As you are well aware, we researched and carefully chose a household that was not only destitute but very worthy in their willingness to spouse with us in improving the quality of their lives. In the 4 1/2 calendar months since we met the Robbs, we've gotten to cognize Laura Robbs as a adult female who, despite her tremendous day-to-day stressors, have managed to worked diligently each twenty-four hours in an attempt to back up herself and her 5 children. The 5 of us on the guidance commission in lanthanum were initially sickened to witnesser how they were living, and yet moved at how much love there is between this female parent and her children and how cherished each 1 of them really are. Every cent this adult female gains travels to lease and food, but these children still cognize how to love and be loved.

Thanx to generous fiscal donations, coupled with the many fantastic contributions of commodity and services, we pulled it off with gusto , love, and style!! The climactic twenty-four hours really felt like it was something out of Oprah/Extreme Makeover episode...but better....because WE able to bear witnesser to how our community grass roots attempts succeeded in making a major impact on one household consisting of 6 person lives; its rippling consequence surely to be present for old age to come.

So needless to say, I have got establish many, many women and groupings and organisations with which I'm totally inspired by. My female connexions are more than than than than abundant than ever, and as a consequence I am thriving more than ever in ALL countries of my life.

A small mindless merriment can be great on some occasions, but for me the soulful sistership is what excites me more.

As you go clearer and clearer as to what is most of import to you, range out and detect where your folk is and who is just wait to ran into you!

To happen out more about First Tuesdays Women's Group, electronic mail MarcyCole@gmail.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home